Please note that this event has now finished.
To purchase the recording, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faced with the continuing energy crisis, its binding net-zero commitments and the fact that the most of its existing nuclear fleet is due for decommissioning soon, the UK is on the cusp of embracing a major revival in nuclear energy. With Hinkley C already under construction and a commitment by the government to spend £679 million to take a 50% stake in Sizewell C during its development phase, the next big step will be the launch of Great British Nuclear, a new body which will oversee the development of new reactors in the UK and create a pipeline that will enable the industry to plan with certainty for the future.
Against this background, City & Financial Global is very pleased to bring you advanced notice of the second edition of its New Nuclear Summit, which will be held in Central London on 18 May this year.
The conference will serve as a platform for the UK Government officials, key nuclear stakeholders and other industry experts to discuss the key issues involved in the UK’s nuclear renaissance. The discussion will also include a review of new nuclear outside the UK.
We are delighted that this important gathering will be chaired by Dr Tim Stone CBE, Chair at Nuclear Industry Association and at Nuclear Risk Insurers. As a member of the Nuclear Industry Association, City & Financial Global is pleased to have the NIA as an official supporter of the summit.
This high-profile conference builds on the success of the inaugural edition last year, which was very well-attended and highly rated by all the participants.
Dr Tim Stone CBE
Nuclear Industry Association, Nuclear Risk Insurers
An impressive array of top experts will guide delegates through the topics below:
- Nuclear and the UK energy strategy
- HPC & Sizewell C – one project, two places
- Delivering the UK’s nuclear programme: opportunities and challenges
- Realising the potential of SMR and AMR technology in the UK and beyond. Supporting innovation
- Nuclear new build outside the UK
- Nuclear: a good investment? Funding nuclear: equity and debt
- ESG and nuclear energy: social and nature-related impact
- Sustainability and dealing with nuclear waste
- Building up the UK’s nuclear supply chain – skills and capacity building