City & Financial Global is delighted to announce its third annual Payments Regulation and Innovation Summit taking place on 25th January 2024.
The payments landscape has changed dramatically since the previous edition of this Summit. Technological developments, changing consumer behaviour, digital currencies, APP scams and money-laundering have all proliferated over the last year and continue to challenge traditional payment providers and the many new entrants to the markets. Keeping ahead of the curve of these developments has been a real challenge for the regulators. The Government has announced plans to reform the powers and regulatory perimeter of the Bank of England and the Payment Systems Regulator as the payment ecosystem becomes ever more complex and inter-connected.
This highly topical and timely Summit will provide a unique forum for regulators, financial institutions, challenger payments providers, infrastructure providers and their advisers to explore this new and uncharted landscape to ensure that you are at the cutting edge of the latest developments.
Issues to be addressed include:
- The Payment Systems Regulator’s top priorities: APP scams, crypto and more
- Key challenges and opportunities in the future payments landscape: NPA, embedded finance, security, collaboration, connectivity
- The future of digital currencies as a payment system
- Open Banking and Open Finance: the future direction of payment systems to promote competition and financial inclusion
- The next big thing: AI, digitalisation and quantum computing